New Transgender Protections Are in Place in Federal, State, and Local Regulatory Agencies! Time to Update Policies/Employee Handbooks or Risk Fines and Penalties!
- Speaker:Margie Faulk
- Product Code:GRC-90546
HRCI Credits: 1.5
SHRM Credits: 1.5
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the Recording of the Training for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at email@example.com.
This presentation reviews the employment laws that relate to LGBT workers, with a focus on transgender protections and identifies emerging and unresolved issues, and provides practical pointers for employers concerned with compliance, inclusion, and creation of a respectful workplace environment. Employers have been concerned with how to comply with transgender best practices and in some states, regulations with fines and penalties. Employers should update their employee handbooks and policies to accommodate there ever emerging changes in the workplace or risk penalties and even criminal sanctions.
Why you must attend?
Recent polls and studies indicate that 10 million Americans identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender (“LGBT”), and 1.4 million Americans identify as transgender. American society’s acceptance of LGBT status has more than doubled in the last 30 years, and in 2016, Gallup polls found that 68% of American adults accept same-sex relationships. Local and state laws around the country protect workers from employment discrimination, and some courts have interpreted federal anti-discrimination law to offer similar protection. Workplace diversity initiatives include efforts to welcome and support LGBT individuals. Sexual orientation and transgender status remain sensitive and uncomfortable topics for some, however, and employers and employees may struggle to manage these issues.
Areas we will be covering in this 60 minute session:
- Overview of the impact of transgender employees in the workplace
- Impact of Employers working in employee-centric (pro-employee support) states
- How do we handle employee concerns of transgender employees in the workplace?
- How do the current concerns integrate or challenge the current discrimination regulations of transgender employees?
- What states have transgender protections?
- What regulatory agencies protect transgender employees?
- How can Employers mitigate transgender regulations?
- Workplace culture issues are affecting LGBT workers.
- The role of education and training; What states have mandatory compliance requirements and training?
- How do Employers respond to employees who transition?
- What regulations are required to accommodate transgender employees?
- What are the penalties tied to a violation of transgender regulations?
- What policies must be in place to mitigate transgender requirements?
- What penalties are in place for violations of protected classes?
- What else should Employers be prepared to effectively conduct their business?
- Federal, state and local regulations now add transgender protections as part of their regulations and guidance
- Demographics and societal acceptance of LGBT workers.
- Local, state, and federal laws related to sexual orientation and transgender status in the workplace.
- How can Employers partner with HR professionals to create a safe workplace for transgender employees?
- Learn what the correct definitions are for transgender and not violate best practices or policies
- What changes have to be updated to Employee Handbooks and corporate
- Current issues in the development of the law
- How can Employers follow the OSHA guidelines for restroom safety for transgender employees?
- Title VII interpretations & EEOC Guidance for Employers
- “Public Accommodation”
- More states with Mandated Regulations prepare in 2019
Who must attend:
All industries will benefit from this training including:
- Defense contracting
- Aerospace & defense
- Real estate
- Data Protection
- Privacy Services
- All Employers
- Business Owners
- Company Leadership
- Small business owners
- Compliance professionals
- HR professionals
- Anyone wanting to learn how to manage transgender issues in the workplace
SHRM PDCs - 1.5
GRCTS is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for [1.5] PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
HRCI CPE - 1.5
HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Free Handouts to all Participants - Transgender Checklist to assist Employers in Developing Appropriate Policies
HR Compliance Solutions, LLC-Compliance Officer, Margie Faulk, PHR, SHRM-CP-is a senior level human resources professional with over 14 years of HR management and compliance experience. A current Compliance Officer for HR Compliance Solutions, Margie has worked as an HR and Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and Non-profit sectors. Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural.
Margie’s focus has expanded to Global Workplace Compliance in International, multi-state, multi-National, state and local workplace compliance which includes workplace compliance in other countries like the UK, Canada, France, Brazil, China, Africa, Mexico, and India, just to name a few.
Margie has created and presented seminars/webinars for many compliance institutes. These national training providers, offer compliance training to HR professionals, business owners and companies interested in having their company compliant with workplace and industry regulations.
This year, Margie was selected by Alan Collins, former Vice President of Human Resources at PepsiCo, a renowned author of 9 books on HR Prosperity & Success, and founder of “Success in HR”, to be part of his Mastermind Your Way to Success in HR, “Expert Interview Series” based on her successful Webinars/Seminars on HR Compliance.
Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from the Society for Human Resources Management. Margie is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).