Travel Pay – Best Practices to Comply with Federal Regulations - HRCI - 1.5
- Speaker:Miles Hutchinson
- Product Code:GRC-90286
HRCI Credits: 1.5
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the recording of the webinar for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Group Internet Based | 1.5 (1 CPE for 50 minutes) | Accounts - 1CPE / Taxes - .5CPE (1.5 CPE) | Intermediate | Prerequisites - None| No advance preparation.
HRCI CPE - 1.5
HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Learn when and how you must compensate employees for travel time. Ensure you comply with the requirements under the Portal Act. Get an update on IRS travel expense documentation requirements. Learn about employer liability for accidents of traveling employees. Clearly define when employee meals are 100% deductible and when they are only 50% deductible. Understand the limitations when personal and business travel and entertainment are mixed. Ensure your records will stand the scrutiny of a compensation or tax audit.
Why You Must Attend:
What are the rules regarding when an employee must be compensated for time and expenses incurred while traveling on company business? They are so complex and confusing! Issues include employee use of his or her own vehicle, use of company owned vehicles, proper administration of and accounting for travel pay, and the best way to handle suspected abuses by employees of an employer’s travel & entertainment policy.
Experienced CPA and businessman Miles Hutchinson will review the law regarding travel compensation and travel & expense reimbursement. He will provide practical guidance for reducing wage and hour claims and IRS scrutiny.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- How does employee exempt or non-exempt status under the FLSA
affect travel compensation?
- The Fair Labor Standards Act & Portal Act requirements
regarding travel pay
- What is the appropriate rate of travel pay?
- When commuting expenses must be reimbursed
- When is travel between assignments compensable?
- Reimbursement and compensation rules for extended
assignments at temporary locations
- Specific rules for overnight travel
- Travel, entertainment, gift & car expense reimbursements
- Accountable Vs non-accountable plan payments
- The travel advance trap and how to avoid it
- Employer policy manual—communicating travel policies
- Employer’s liability to employees and third parties for damages arising from company travel
Financial analysis is an area of opportunity and risk. Analysis should incorporate tests of sensitivity to changes in key variables using the most advanced tools available. Typical financial models do not effectively utilize these tools. This exposes the analyst to blind spots in their analysis. Analysts should obtain and become proficient with the more sophisticated “what if” analysis tools of the trade.
Who Will Benefit:
- Financial Officers
- Financial Analysts
- Risk Officers
- Payroll Managers
- Staff with roles and responsibilities in payroll and expense
Miles Hutchinson is a CPA and experienced businessman. He has been an auditor with PriceWaterhouseCoopers and the Chief Financial Officer of a $1 billion real estate development company. Miles is a professional speaker and consultant who has presented over 2200 seminars and training sessions on a myriad of business, tax and financial topics, including payroll law, sales tax law, financial analysis and modeling, accounting, strategic planning, and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
GRCTS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org