Travel & Entertainment Reimbursement Fraud Detection and Prevention - NASBA CPE 1.5
- Speaker:Peter Goldmann
- Product Code:GRC-90341
- NASBA CPE: 1.5
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the recording of the webinar for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at email@example.com.
NASBA CPE Certification - 1.5 CPE
Group Internet Based | 1.5 (1 CPE for 50 minutes) | Accounting - 1.5CPE (1.5 CPE) | Finance - 1.5CPE (1.5 CPE) | Intermediate | Prerequisites - None| No advance preparation.
Expense reimbursement fraud encompassing the numerous forms of employee travel and entertainment (T&E) schemes as well as Purchasing Card (P-Card) fraudcosts organizations hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars per year.
According to the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), expense reimbursement frauds result in a median loss of $26,000 per incident and represent 14.5 percent of all employee fraud.
While many of these schemes are considereda immaterial such as claiming reimbursement for a personal meal ... charging a pay-per-view movie to a business-related hotel bill ... or inflating the cost of a taxi ride management should not underestimate the cumulative cost of these thefts.
This webinar will summarize the main types of reimbursement fraud to be alert to, including several a real life case studies. It will explain how to identify the red flags of possible reimbursement fraud, offer specific fraud-detection techniques and tests for these crimes and conclude with a rundown of proven anti-fraud controls.The webinar will cover:
- Types of T&E P-Card fraud and most common perpetrators
- Red flags of T&E fraud to watch for
- Latest best practices in early T&E fraud detection
- T&E fraud prevention best practices
- Explore the common and not-so-common T&E fraud risks to your organization
- Identify the most common T&E fraud perpetrators
- Understand the red flags of potential or actual T&E and P-card fraud
- Learn how to detect T&E and P-Card frauds quickly and efficiently
- Understand best practices in minimizing your organization risk of falling victim to T&E fraud
Peter Goldmann is President of FraudAware LLC, the publisher of White-Collar Crime Fighter, a widely read bi-monthly newsletter for internal auditors, controllers, corporate counsel, financial operations managers and investigators. The newsletter is in its 15th year of publication under Peter’s leadership.
Peter is the author of Fraud in the Markets: Why it Happens and How to Fight It, published by John Wiley & Sons. The book is an in-depth account of the role that fraud played in bringing about the financial crisis of 2008.
Peter is also the author of four other anti-fraud books covering accounts payable fraud, accounts receivable fraud, as well as two workbooks on fraud and cyber-risk and control, also published by Wiley.
Peter also developed FraudAware, the leading fraud and cyber-crime awareness training program. A user-friendly learning tool, FraudAware uses seminar, Webinar and E-Learning formats to train employees and managers at all levels in how to detect, prevent and report incidents of fraud, information theft and other forms of financial and electronic suspicious conduct.
FraudAware courses, which are customized for individual corporate, non-profit and government agency clients, reinforces organizations’ whistleblowing programs by enabling employees to detect illegal activity that can then be reported to supervisors or managers or by using the organization’s confidential hotline in accordance with established policy.
In addition, Peter has conducted numerous on-site fraud and cyber-crime detection and prevention workshops for internal auditors, attorneys, HR executives and compliance officers at Fortune 500 companies including Siemens Corp., Marriott International, Sony Denny’s Corp, as well as large not-for-profit organizations. He has also been a guest lecturer for college accounting and auditing courses.
Peter has 25 years of experience as a business journalist and trainer, having launched, edited and published numerous business trade periodicals covering small business, international trade, management strategy, cyber-crime (Cyber-Crime Fighter) banking and personal finance. He is a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) and a member of the Editorial Advisory Committee of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE).
He has been a columnist for the ACFE’s newsletter, The Fraud Examiner and is a frequent contributor to other leading industry publications on anti-fraud and cyber-crime topics. He has appeared on Fox Business News, The Wall Street Journal This Morning, The New York Times and Internal Auditor magazine.
Peter holds a Bachelor’s degree from the University of Michigan and a Master’s from the London School of Economics.