U.S. Cosmetic Regulations and New Legislation
- Speaker:NORMA SKOLNIK
- Product Code:GRC-90384
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. You can access the recording of the webinar for 6 months. Contact our support for any clarifications.
GRCTS Attendance Certificate
This webinar will cover laws and regulations for successful marketing and compliance of cosmetics in the U.S. It will help clarify what claims and product labeling are appropriate for cosmetics to market them successfully and avoid regulatory issues and problems with FDA compliance and competitive challenges. Current FDA Warning letters to cosmetic firms will be reviewed.
Adverse Event Reporting requirements for cosmetics will be discussed with focus on how these requirements will change under newly proposed legislation for cosmetics: The Personal Care Products Safety Act.
Key Learning Objectives of Topic :
- Key regulatory requirements for marketing cosmetics in the U.S.
- FDA labeling requirements for cosmetics.
- What cosmetic claims are appropriate for cosmetics vs. those to avoid.
- FDA’s changing views on cosmetic enforcement.
- Newly proposed legislation: The Personal Care Products Safety Act and how it will impact cosmetic regulatory requirements.
- Serious Adverse Event reporting for cosmetics and how this will change.
Who will benefit:
- OTC Drug companies
- Consumer Healthcare Product companies
- Dietary Supplement firms
- Cosmetic companies.
Norma Skolnik has over 35 years of U.S. regulatory experience, starting in the pharmaceutical industry. She was Associate Director of Regulatory Affairs at Lederle Laboratories in Pearl River, N.Y. and then became Associate Director of Regulatory Affairs at Lederle Consumer Health where she helped launch Centrum and Caltrate dietary supplements. When Lederle was acquired by Wyeth, she became Associate Director of Regulatory Affairs there, acquiring more experience in the Dietary Supplement and OTC drug fields. She joined Warner-Lambert Consumer Health division in 1998 and became Assistant Director of Adams Regulatory Affairs. In 2002 after Pfizer’s takeover of Warner-Lambert, she was promoted to Director of Regulatory Affairs for the Adams division. Adams was acquired by Cadbury-Schweppes in 2003 and she served as Cadbury Adams’ Director of Regulatory Affairs for the Americas from 2003 until her retirement in 2008.
Norma earned a Bachelor’s degree in Biology from the University of Cincinnati and holds a Master’s degree from Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, New York. She's also done graduate work at Columbia University and Montclair State University. Today Norma works as a regulatory consultant to FDA regulated companies and to firms who wish to launch products in the U.S.A