Verification or Validation of Methods in Food Microbiology
- Speaker:Michael Brodsky
- Product Code:GRC-90471
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. You can access the recording of the webinar for 6 months. Contact our firstname.lastname@example.org for any clarifications.
USE COUPON “GRCTS10” TO AVAIL A 10% DISCOUNT
This webinar will not only address the semantics but will also discuss the appropriate analytical and statistical approaches to achieving successful verification and validation studies with respect to food microbiology. The quantitative and qualitative methods of performance measurement will be discussed for verification and validation.
Why You Need to Attend?
Method validation and method verification are two distinct procedures required to comply with ISO/IEC Standard 17025 for a microbiology laboratory accreditation. Unfortunately the two terms are often used interchangeably with serious consequences. Method validation and method verification have very different analytical and statistical requirements particularly for compliance with ISO/IEC 17025. Understanding these differences is essential for developing appropriate strategies for assessing a method’s fitness for purpose.
Without a clear understanding of the different analytical approaches for verification and validation, laboratories often end up doing more unnecessary, costly work, with little benefit. Very often the inappropriate analytical strategy used is unacceptable to meet the requirements for accreditation and the effort needs to be repeated.
The Webinar will discuss the distinction between and requirements for method validation and method verification, to comply with ISO/IEC Standard 17025 for laboratory accreditation in food/water microbiology. Quantitative and Qualitative methods have different performance measurement requirements and require different statistical analyses. This webinar will discuss the analytical requirements for validation and verification with respect to quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Method performance characteristics
- Measuring and Monitoring Analytical competency
- Food Categories and Food Types
- Analytical requirements for Validation of Quantitative Methods
- Analytical requirements for Validation of Qualitative Methods
- Analytical requirements for Verification of Quantitative Methods
- Analytical requirements for Verification of Qualitative Methods
- Fitness for purpose
Who will benefit:
- Microbiological bench analysts in food, water and pharmaceutical laboratories
- QA managers
- Laboratory managers/supervisors
- QC practitioners
Michael Brodsky has been an Environmental Microbiologist for more than 44 years. He is a Past President of the Ontario Food Protection Association and AOAC International. He serves as co-Chair for the AOAC Expert Review Committee for Microbiology, as a scientific reviewer in Microbiology for the AOAC OMA and the AOAC Research Institute, as a reviewer for Standard Method for the Examination of Water and Wastewater and as a chapter editor on QA for the Compendium of Methods in Microbiology. He is also a lead auditor/assessor in microbiology for the Canadian Association for Laboratory Accreditation (CALA) and was the Vice-Chair of the CALA Board of Directors.