Wage and Hour Best Practices! Add to Your Strategic Risk Management Strategy and Reduce Risk!
- Speaker:Margie Faulk
- Product Code:GRC-90401
HRCI Credits: 1.5
HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org
SHRM Credits: 1.5
GRCTS is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for [1.5] PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the Recording of the Training for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Description and Overview:
Wage and Hour Regulations have increased to protect employees in the workplace as indicated by the Department of Labor (DOL) Most companies are aware of some of the regulations that are included as part of this regulatory agency. But, are Companies aware what the impact is if those regulations are violated? DOL workplace regulations are monitored and enforced by the Wage and Hour Division (WHD). This is the enforcement arm of DOL and they are charged with ensuring these regulations are followed by companies or enforce fines, penalties and even criminal sanction for willful violations of DOL regulations.
As is with many regulations, Companies are confused or resentful of continued regulations and find it as an obstacle in running, growing and expanding their companies. It is a challenge for companies to keep track of regulatory changes and deadlines. A good human resources department or professional can mitigate some of these regulations by staying up to date on workplace laws, regulations and Executive Orders that not only is hard to keep up, but also difficult to track the changes made by the new White House Administration. Not following these changes is a landmine for companies and it would be in their best interest to be aware of changes and also have qualified human resources professionals and train their managers to identify the impact of these regulations to their bottom line. This course will provide business owners, human resources professional or other roles handling their workplace risk management situations, the top situations that can impact the DOL regulations.
It will also identify resources and tools that can be used to reduce risk and focus on growing businesses. But please do not be penny wise and penny foolish. It is more cost effective to invest in qualified individuals who can mitigate some of the risks as well and providing training to those managers who can unwittingly risk fines and penalties with significant increase in your cost to do business.
Why you must attend:
- To Be aware of the workplace regulations that impact your Company and can cost you in fines and penalties and even criminal sanctions;
- To Identify those regulation deadlines and ensuring you do not miss those deadlines;
- To Identify those employees who will assist in mitigating regulations and ensuring they have or will get the training they need;
- To be aware how your managers can cost you by their ignorance of DOL regulations;
- To identify resources to assist in risk mitigation;
- To be ahead of regulations pending to start before the end of 2017;
- To have the payroll team, Managers and HR Professionals work together to help ensure compliance of DOL and other regulatory entities.
Areas we will be covering:
- Identify the DOL regulations that impact your company;
- Learn why ignorance will not be an excuse if you violate DOL regulations;
- What DOL regulation violations are the most likely to land you in employment litigation;
- What enforcement methods can risk your company's reputation;
- What is the most effective way to ensure your employees are classified correctly?
- What is Exempt and Non-Exempt and learn why these get confused with Hourly and Salaried workers?
- See what regulations have been eliminated with the new White House Administration;
- See what industries are more at risk than others for DOL violations and why;
- Fines, penalties and criminal sanctions;
- Case scenarios that can help you navigate some of the DOL regulations;
- Resources to assist in mitigating DOL regulations.
Who must attend:
All industries will benefit from this training including:
- Defense contracting
- Aerospace & defense
- Real estate
- Data Protection
- Privacy Services
Margie Faulk, PHR, SHRM-CP HR Compliance Solutions, LLC-Compliance Officer, is a senior level human resources professional with over 14 years of HR management and compliance experience. A current Compliance Officer for HR Compliance Solutions, Margie has worked as an HR and Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and Non-profit sectors.
This includes Federal Contracting in the defense, military, anti-Terrorism and Apache Helicopter Training Simulations with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Federal Sentencing Guidelines (FSG) and Office of Federal Contract Compliance Program (OFCCP). Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural.
Margie’s focus has expanded to Global Workplace Compliance in International, multi-state, multi-National, state and local workplace compliance which includes workplace compliance in other countries like the UK, Canada, France, Brazil, China, Africa, Mexico and India, just to name a few.
Margie has created and presented seminars/webinars for many compliance institutes. These national training providers, offer compliance training to HR professionals, business owners and companies interested in having their company compliant with workplace and industry regulations. Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from Society for Human Resources Management. Margie is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).