Workplace Investigations -HRCI: 1.5 CPE
- Speaker:Cathleen Hampton
- Product Code:GRC-90283
HRCI Credits: 1.5
HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the recording of the webinar for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HRCI CPE - 1.5
HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
This webinar will train attendees on carrying out effective and lawful workplace investigations. Human resources managers and others charged with conducting workplace investigations will learn effective strategies for investigating complaints made by or against an employee. This webinar will offer guidance on how best to proceed and how to achieve a meaningful outcome for all involved.
The courts have been clear – when it comes to a report of employee wrongdoing, employers are obliged to conduct a fair workplace investigation. Failing to investigate or getting your investigation wrong could have a catastrophic effect on your organization. Not only could your organization risk a hefty financial penalty but you could also risk having to reinstate a ‘bad apple’ straight back into your workplace. Equally as important to the investigation is the correct policy and consistently applied procedure so the process will stand up to any potential external scrutiny.
Why Should You Attend:
When it comes to employee investigations, it’s all about the W’s – Who, What, When and Why. Asking crucial questions, seeking key information and documenting your findings make all the difference in conducting successful investigations.
In this webinar, the instructor will discuss techniques for conducting investigations, interviewing parties, and documenting key information and other findings. Further, a few gray areas that will be clarified in the session will include:
- What is a procedurally fair investigation?
- Has your company established procedures for investigation and resolution of reports?
- Have these procedures and resolution been clearly explained?
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Employer obligations for dealing with complaints in the workplace
- Effective policies and procedures
- The investigator’s role in the process
- A discussion of fairness
- Collecting evidence and record keeping
- Conducting effective interviews
- Understanding how to decide the outcome of an investigation
- Writing the report
Who Will Benefit:
- In-house counsel
- Risk managers
- HR professionals
- Business executives
Cathleen Hampton has more than 25 years of experience as a human resources professional providing subject matter expertise in areas such as human capital and work force planning. She has a unique ability to analyze operations for risk and help maneuver cultural practices and compliance enhancements that would increase organizational outcomes. She is an expert on risk defined as financial, operational, as well as from a more general workforce planning perspective. As a dyed in the wool HR professional, Ms. Hampton continually looks for ways to capture the essence of strategic thought as it would relate to human capital and workforce planning. She is noted for launching new programs focused on talent acquisition and retention strategies that outpaced major completion through strong and decisive business leadership.