Zero-Injury Workplace Culture vs. Safety Culture
- Speaker:Joe Keenan
- Date: 26th March 2019 10:00 AM PST | 01:00 PM EST
- Product Code:GRC-90583
Left to Register
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the recording of the webinar for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Should You Attend:
This webinar will focus on evolving from a zero incident workplace culture within any organization to a more safety-oriented culture. It will discuss the pros and cons of a implementing a zero incident workplace culture and describe how to determine if you are doing it right.
The session will also discuss how a zero injury workplace safety culture consists of shared beliefs, practices, and attitudes that exist within an organization. An organization’s safety culture is the result of a number of factors that include, but not limited to:
- Management and employee norms, assumptions and beliefs;
- Management and employee attitudes;
- Values, myths, stories;
- Policies and procedures;
- Supervisor priorities, responsibilities and accountability;
- Production and bottom line pressures vs. quality issues;
- Actions or lack of action to correct unsafe behaviors;
- Employee training and motivation; and
- Employee involvement or "buy-in."
Creating this culture takes time, patience and dedicated resources. It is frequently a multi-year process. A series of continuous process improvement steps can be followed to create a safety culture. Employer and employee commitment are hallmarks of a true safety culture where safety is an integral part of daily operations.
- Explain what it means to have a ‘zero incident workplace culture’ on site.
- Identify the 4 phases of the safety maturity curve process.
- Discuss employee and employee rights and responsibilities at each step of the safety maturity curve.
- Explain the benefits and challenges of sustaining a zero injury workplace safety culture in the workplace.
- Identify successful strategies for incorporating zero injury culture and maintaining scorecards to determine if it is successful.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Definition of a zero injury workplace safety culture.
- The 4 phases of a safety maturity curve process toward zero injuries.
- Roles and responsibilities within the 4 phases of a safety maturity curve.
- Benefits and challenges of establishing a zero injury workplace culture within your workplace.
- Strategy and scorecards to determine if you are doing it right.
Who Will Benefit:
- Plant Managers
- Plant Foremen
- Safety Committee Member
- Operations Managers
- Construction Foreman
- Occupational Safety Consultants
- HR Managers
- General Industry Business Owners
- Construction Business Owners
- Plant Supervisors
- Project Managers
- Safety Managers
Senior Safety Coordinator, C Spire
Joe Keenan is a highly experienced Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) and human resources professional and management consultant with over 21 years of experience. He received his Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing Green Belt in 2005, MBA with a human resource management concentration in 2007 and Certified Safety Professional (CSP) in 2011. He currently serves as President of the Mississippi Chapter of the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE). Mr. Keenan has served on the OSHA Voluntary Protection Program Participants Association (VPPPA) Region IV Board of Directors as a Director at Large from 2013-2015. Since 2002, he is an OSHA General Industry and Construction 10/30-Hour Authorized Outreach Trainer.