Auditing Your Excel Spreadsheets - NASBA CPE 1.5 Hours
- Speaker:David H. Ringstrom, CPA
- Product Code:GRC-90400
- NASBA CPE: 1.5
NASBA CPE Credits: 1.5
GRCTS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the Recording of the Training for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NASBA CPE - 1.5
Group Internet Based | 1.5 hours (1 CPE for 50 minutes) | Computer Software & Applications (1.5 CPE) | Intermediate | Prerequisites - Experience Working with Excel Spreadsheets | No advance preparation
After participating in this informative webcast, you’ll be equipped to verify the integrity of even your most complicated Excel spreadsheets. Excel expert David Ringstrom, shows you how to use Excel’s formula auditing and error-checking tools, identify duplicates in a list, monitor the ramifications of even minor changes made to your workbooks, use the Evaluate Formula feature, and more.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in Excel 2016. He draws your attention to any differences in Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007 during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
What will be covered in this meeting:
- Identifying duplicates in a list using Conditional Formatting.
- Auditing the data source behind pivot tables in Excel spreadsheets.
- Removing Conditional Formatting when it’s no longer needed within a spreadsheet.
- Determining whether it’s safe to edit or delete a cell by way of the Trace Dependents feature.
- Printing a list of all cell comments on a worksheet or printing visible comments.
- Stepping through formulas in slow motion with the Evaluate Formulas feature.
- Identifying other cells a formula relies on by way of the Trace Precedents feature.
- Displaying all formulas in a worksheet at once with the Show Formulas feature.
- Adding a macro to Excel that adds the ability to display any formula in a cell comment.
- Bringing Excel’s green error-checking prompts under control by managing the underlying rules.
- Understanding the purpose and nuances of Excel’s Personal Macro Workbook.
- Identify how to add, review, and print worksheet comments with ease.
- Apply the F9 key to temporarily convert part of a formula to a value.
- Recall how to use the Watch Window to monitor changes made to your spreadsheets.
Who will benefit:
Practitioners who review and Audit Excel Spreadsheets created by others, or those who wish to improve the integrity of their own spreadsheets.
- Payroll Professionals
- Human Resources
- Accounting Personnel
- Business Owners, Officers, Managers and Key Personnel
- Lawmakers, Attorneys, or any individual or entity that must deal with the complexities and technicalities within the payroll process
- All Excel users
- Laboratory staff
Nationally recognized Microsoft Excel expert David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is the president and owner of Accounting Advisors, Inc. based in Atlanta, Georgia. David founded Accounting Advisors in 1991 as a consulting-services business, later he began teaching continuing education classes as well. His mission since is to offer quality training and consulting services on Microsoft Excel via live webcasts, on-demand self-study webcasts, and in-house engagements. David has taught hundreds of webinars on Excel and other topics, in addition to speaking at conferences and in-house engagements.
David has developed training courses based on his 25 years of experience in Consulting. David’s mantra is “Either you work Excel, or it works you,” so he focuses on what many users don’t know but should know about Microsoft Excel.
His mission is to offer quality training on Excel and additional accounting software via live webcasts, on-demand self-study webcasts, and in-house engagements. More than 24 providers, located throughout the country as well as overseas, now look to David for their Excel and accounting software training needs.
David’s Excel courses cover the gamut of the software’s features and functions to provide CPAs as well as accounting and financial professionals the knowledge they need to work more efficiently and effectively in Excel. His comprehensive yet easy to understand presentations cover Excel 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2007. David’s webcasts are fast paced, and he welcomes attendees’ questions. In addition, his detailed handouts and slides serve as handy reference tools students can fall back on after participating in his webcasts or taking his self-study courses.